Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bloggy with a chance of fame

I did it, but I’m not sure why.

If my goal is to give usernames and passwords to as many online social media sites as possible and increase my chances of becoming a victim of fraud, then I’m awesome.

My latest conquest is joining Technorati, a search engine for all things bloggy to share my online message with the electronic world. I’m ranked 3,197,294th in its blogosphere. Hear me roar!

Making a blog is easy. There are any number of free publishers out there. I used Blogger to create mine, but I put ketchup on my eggs when people aren’t looking, so don’t go by my standards. Tumblr, WordPress and Posterous do the same. TypePad will do it for a fee.

Promoting a blog is a whole other bottle ’o ketchup, and I’m not willing to quit my job to do it. Getting the word out will have to come slowly . . . like bottled ketchup.

My search has rewarded me with other online oddities. Netvibes lets me design my own web page with my choice of widgets. (Maybe weather in one corner, a calendar in the other, a live Twitter feed in the centre, and beneath it my live Facebook page.)

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why I’d use Diigo or when I’d be compelled to highlight certain words that pop up on a web page.

The Hyper Journalist

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment